As specialists in our field we have many years experience of offering expert training to other professionals. Our training reflects the nature of our work and is delivered by experienced counsellors and therapists.
We have designed and delivered many courses to enable others who work with bereaved children or the death of the child to feel more confident and skilled. These include our modular programme for Supporting Children with Bereavement and Loss (builds up to 5 days), and Working with Loss (6 days). Other training delivered includes: for health professionals working with loss, managing bereavement and anticipatory grief in the workplace, and supervision sessions for teams setting up a bereavement support service (see also ‘Supervision’).
Supporting Children with Bereavement and Loss
See bottom of page to download an information booklet and application form.
This is a three part training with an introductory day followed by an optional secondand third day.
Introductory day (Module 1) – Understanding the Needs of Bereaved Children
10th March 2017 – Venue to be confirmed
Second day (Module 2) – Being Prepared for a Death
31st March 2017 – Venue to be confirmed
Third Day (Module 3) – Exploring other Losses and Complicated Grief
4th May 2017 – Venue to be confirmed
Cost – £120 per module (day).
For more information and to make an application please contact us ensuring that you specify this course.
For more information about bespoke courses please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also call us on 0116 254 4341 or write to us at:
The Laura Centre
4-6 Tower Street
’Working with Loss in the family’. Dates to be advised. Please contact us if you are interestyed in this course and we will contact you when the dates are available.
‘Working with Loss in the Family’ course Aims
- To explore the use of therapeutic skills in bereavement support
- To introduce students to bereavement counselling
- To enable students to become familiar with the issues that arise in bereavement counselling through lecture, small group exercise, case studies and reflection in a personal journal.
A certificate of attendance will be awarded at the end of the training you will need to attend a minimum of 80% of the course to be eligible to receive this.
By the end of this module, students should gain:
- A deeper awareness and understanding of the difference between counselling and other forms of helping
- A deeper knowledge and understanding of the application of counselling skills in grief work
- A deeper understanding of the difference and similarities in grieving adults, children, couples and families
- Insight in identifying the factors that can lead to a complicated grief reaction
- Experience in the use of some specific techniques used in grief work
The fees for the course are £295.
If you are interested in doing the course please complete the attached application form and forward it to Chris Dilley, The Laura Centre, 4-6 Tower Street, Leicester, LE1 6WS
There are limited spaces available, so therefore will be on a first come first served basis.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me at The Laura Centre 0116 2544341 or email@example.com